How Business Analysis can be Performed Beyond Projects
Definition of Business Analysis as per BABOK®
The practice of enabling change in an enterprise by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders.
A Business Analyst is a Change Enabler and not just a resource who gathers the requirements and prepares a document detailing them. It is a role that can be played by anyone in the enterprise / organisation irrespective of any designation.
The activities of a BA include:
• understanding enterprise problems and goals,
• analysing needs and solutions,
• devising strategies,
• driving change, and
• facilitating stakeholder collaboration.
While conducting the activities or performing the tasks, a Business Analyst should focus the below as well
• what is to be considered for the context under analysis
• which tools/techniques best suited or most appropriate for the situation and
• how to perform the tasks effectively and efficiently
Business Analysts can help the enterprise to elevate their customers’ experience and achieve better results.
The expanded scope of a Business Analyst is always extending the support and delivering value beyond Project Life Cycles. A Business Analyst, as a change enabler, does certain activities during pre-project and continues to contribute even after the project is over.