Think You’re Cut Out For Doing A PMP Certification? Here Is What You Need To Know
Why is Project Management Essential?
Prominent organizations across sectors and geographic borders have been progressively accepting project management as a way to control spending and improve project results.
During recession, this practice became even more important. Executives discovered that obeying to project management methods and strategies reduced risks, cut costs and improved success rates, were vital to survive the economic crisis.
Understanding effective project management techniques helps organizations carry out large-scale projects on time, on budget and with minimal disruption to the rest of the business.
PMP is an industry-recognized certification for project management career from Project Management Institute (PMI). This certification exhibits that the Project Management Professionals have the capability to lead project teams, reducing the risks in projects life cycle and ensuring the best practices in the industry.
Project management, is the application of knowledge, skills and techniques to complete projects effectively and efficiently.It is a strategic competency for organizations, permitting managers to tie project results to business goals — and thus, better compete in their markets.
The five phases of Project Management Life Cycle are:
- Initiation phase
- Planning phase
- Execution phase
- Monitoring and Controlling phase
- Closure Phase
Project Management knowledge draws on ten areas:
- Human resource
- Risk Management and
- Stakeholder Management
Eligibility Criteria (Education & Experience)
A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate degree, or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
A four-year degree (bachelor degree or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
How to Apply
- Check the Eligibility Criteria
- Register with PMI Board.
- You will have 90 days to complete the application process and make an Online/Offline payment.
- Application completeness review will take 10-20 days.
- On successful review, you will have 90 days to send your audit materials to PMI board. PMI processes the audit materials in 5-7 days.
- From the day of completion of audit process you will have 1 year time to take up your examination.
- PMI will provide the certification on the day you pass the exam.
- To maintain the Certificate you will have 3 years to renew the Certificate. For the renewal you have to earn 60 Professional Development Units (PDU) within the 3 years and submit to the PMI Board with the Renewal fee to get your certificate renewed.
- For more details, please visit the PMI website.
Fitting your studies around your job and daily life could be little exhausting. But there are certainly a few options that you could try. Here is one that is the easiest.
ApnaCourse allows to combine professional advancement with existing work and personal commitments. Our courses can be studied online or by distance learning and we also offer Professional Development Unit (PDU’s) after completion of all video lectures, practice tests and the Final Evaluation Exam. – visit the course page of the course you want to study and check out the key facts.
To learn more about what exactly Project Management is or to become certified Project Management Professional visit the Project Management Professional course page of ApnaCourse and check out the key facts.